Dear Forest Families,
This week we had the joy of spending time in meaningful conversation discussing each dear child during parent-teacher conferences. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to meet with your child’s teacher. When communication between home and school is healthy and clear, our children flourish. There is a special bond between parent and teacher. Together we serve our loving God by growing each child in the Truth.
We pray rest, health, safety and fun adventures over your Spring Break! We can’t wait to welcome your children back in April and hear all about their excursions or backyard play! Words that resonate with all parents and teachers: 3 John 1:4 “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.”
Yours in Christ’s service,
Parents! What a joy it is to celebrate the successes of your child and reflect on their areas of growth so far this year during parent-teacher conferences. Thank you for partnering with us!
Tulip Time Preparations
If you are choosing to be in the “Dutch Heritage” section, remember that you’ll need to wear a Dutch costume. The Tulip Time office is holding a Dutch Costume Resale on Wednesday, April 12 5-8pm at the Holland Civic Center. You can find more information on Tulip Time Costume Sale Flyer.
If you chose the “Tulip” section for the parade, you will want to make sure that you have your Holland Christian Streams of Living Water t-shirt ready to go.
Mentor Parents for 23/24
Our goal and prayer is that every child and every family at Holland Christian would be known, nurtured and inspired. To that end, we are seeking warm and welcoming individuals or families who might be willing to serve as a mentor in their Forest Classroom for the 23-24 school year. Please see the list of needs that this role might encompass but is not limited to!
- Host two play dates at a park, beach, or other location of your choice for one hour.
- Pass along emails to the families in your class notifying clearance sales, books, special events that might interest Forest Families.
- Attend the New Family Picnic in August
- Attend Forest special events such as the Forest Family Night Hike
- Willingness to share contact information with classroom families to receive questions, concerns, wonderings and feedback.
- Connect with Miska as needs from families arise
If you’re interested in serving your child’s classroom community in this manner in the 23-24 school year, please email Miska at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s spread the word, Grandparents/friends are invited to join us for a time to learn about life in the Forest on May 5! Please note the times below:
- 2nd grade: 8:30-9:30am
- 1st grade: 10-11am
- K: 11am-12noon
Enrollment for 23-24
Please help us spread the word that we still have a few open seats we would love to fill with new friends! Parents can start enrolling their children on our Apply page. However, for all parents with children in kindergarten or above, it’s nice to be reminded that Holland Christian is a continuous enrollment school. This means, in an effort to simplify the process for our current K-12 families, you will not need to re-apply every year (this is, after kindergarten). We are happy that you are a part of the Holland Christian family, and our hope and plan is that you want to continue partnering with us in the years to come!
- 31-9: Spring break
- 10: Classes resume
- 4: Forest School Kindergarten Visit Day
- 5: Grandparents Day
- 11: 1/2 day Tulip Time Parade
- 16: 4th-12th grade Orchestra Concert
- 17: All School Convocation 9am
- 29: No school: Memorial Day
- 2: 1/2 day – Last day of school
- 2: Report cards available on Powerschool