Our (HC)2 program was created to provide a Christ-centered, high-quality, cost-effective education for families who choose to homeschool their children. Our central focus is to develop the unique gifts of your child for God’s glory. We believe that our supportive and innovative approach combines the best attributes of homeschooling with the best features of Holland Christian Schools!
Holland Christian welcomes homeschool families through our HC Homeschool Connection program, called (HC)2.
Elementary (HC)2: Grades K-6
Mission Statement & Goals
The (HC)2 Mission Statement is identical to the Holland Christian mission statement: “To equip minds and nurture hearts to transform the world for Jesus Christ.” You can learn more about this shared purpose and mission on our Mission & Beliefs page, and about our shared educational philosophy on our Educational Philosophy page. In accordance with this mission statement, our goals at (HC)2 are to:
- Nurture a child’s faith in Jesus Christ through prayer, scripture reading, and worship;
- Develop a child’s sense of wonder, knowledge and skills in the areas of physical education, art, music, language arts, science, and Spanish;
- Build a caring community of learners while in the classroom, during recess and lunch;
- Partner with parents to develop students of character who are prepared spiritually and academically to meet the challenges of our world.
(HC)2 teachers are an amazing group of people, well educated, dedicated to teaching homeschool kids, and God-honoring! You can read more about their interests and backgrounds on Our People webpage here.
Each Wednesday, for two 15-week semesters, students take part in both academic courses and “the specials.” In addition, our students enjoy the fun playground during recess!
- Art: We use different art materials, create 2-D and 3-D projects and learn about famous artists.
- Music and Worship: We train our ears, learn musical symbols, and even write our own music and lyrics. Every time we gather, we tell God how awesome He is through musical worship!
- Physical Education: We play fun games together, focus on fitness (stretching, cardiovascular, core, and balance activities) and learn sports skills (catching, throwing, kicking, striking, etc.)
- Science Investigations: We learn about God’s world through hands-on discovery! Our K-6th science topics include: forces, motion, light, rocks, plants, animals, and weather.
- Spanish Exploration: We learn Spanish by doing! Students sing songs and play games in class, and then enhance Spanish language skills during the week with Holland Christian’s Spanish online activities.
- Language Arts: Through phonics, reading, grammar, composition, and presentation experiences, students hone their oral and written communication skills. Grade level enrichment is given to further the learning at home.
- Lunch and Recess: The playground offers endless fun activities for socializing and physical training including jump ropes, 4-square courts, swings, play structures, soccer fields, basketball courts, and much more!
If you have any questions about the (HC)2 Elementary School Program, please contact Krista Seabolt at email@example.com.
|South Side||Kindergarten||1st/2nd Grade|
|Pine Ridge||2nd/3rd Grade||4th Grade||5th/6th Grade|
Before You Apply
Once you’ve had an opportunity to explore the website, we’d love to meet you! For a personal tour, or if you simply have questions about the (HC)2 Elementary Program, please contact Krista Seabolt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are delighted that you are enrolling at Holland Christian Homeschool Connection!
- Please visit our Admissions webpage to apply online for the 2022-23 school year. Choose the grade level that you want to apply for, and then select (HC)2 program in the drop down menu when prompted.
- Along with your application, please submit an $80 deposit per child either securely within the online application using your credit card or by check payable to “Holland Christian Schools” with “(HC)2″ in the memo section.
- Your check would need to be mailed to: Holland Christian Schools (HC)2 Attn: Krista Seabolt 956 Ottawa Ave. Holland, MI 49423
- Whether by credit card or by check, the non-refundable $50 deposit will be applied toward your child’s tuition for the first semester. If your child is placed on the waiting list, you will be notified and your deposit will be refunded.
- Once we receive your completed application, we will follow up with you to let you know about our “Meet the Teachers Night” in late August. This evening is an opportunity for you and your child(ren) to meet the Homeschool Coordinator, visit the classrooms, meet the educators directly involved in your child’s education, and answer any of your questions.
- To learn about the 2022-23 HC2 K-6th tuition payment options, view the 2022-23 K-6th (HC)2 Tuition Schedule.
- If you have any further questions about tuition or payment options, feel free to contact Terry VanDerKolk, at email@example.com, or by calling 616.820.2807. We look forward to educating your children with you!
Secondary (HC)2: Grades 6-12
Welcome! The ultimate goal of (HC)2 is to partner with parents in developing students of character who are prepared spiritually and academically to meet the challenges of life beyond high school.
Our personal and integrated approach to education allows middle and high school students to reach their potential and develop their gifts so they can impact the world for Jesus Christ. We create an atmosphere of empowerment and possibility as we continuously refine our methods for educating and challenging our students. In addition to attending class, students are encouraged to actively participate in Holland Christian clubs, activities, athletics, service projects, and more.
Students meet at Holland Christian Schools on Monday and Wednesday at the Middle School, and more frequently at the High School, depending on the student’s schedule. Instructors provide face-to-face instruction, class discussions, guided practice with concepts, activities, and projects. Our blended approach also includes online instruction allowing students to learn at a time and place that is convenient for them.
- Students learn how to best manage their time and how to best use technology to enhance learning. Parents are key players in this model as well, offering their student support and structure when learning at home.
- The blended learning approach helps students develop the tools to succeed in our fast changing world: group problem solving, creativity, technical literacy, critical thinking, and communications skills both written and oral. We take your trust seriously as we shape the lives of our future leaders.
- (HC)2 Middle School and High School classes run for 36 weeks and are held at Holland Christian Middle School and High School. Students spend most of their day in classes with just homeschooled students; however part of their days are with full time Holland Christian students, including chapel and lunch.
- Classes are taught by qualified teachers who understand the values and goals of the homeschool family and who are committed to communicating with parents as partners in their child’s education. Teachers send home detailed homework assignments for students to complete with the support of their parents.
- Placement testing is offered for math at the beginning of each school year should parents desire this. Additionally, (HC)2 students are welcome to participate in standardized testing along with full time students.
- Holland Christian issues progress reports for all (HC)2 Middle School and High School students, and official high school transcripts are available for college admission.
- (HC)2 Middle School and High School students are welcome to participate in Holland Christian team sports (eligibility rules apply). Additionally, students are welcome to participate in after school activities such as drama, robotics, worship team, etc. and all school sponsored events. Please review the High School Handbook.
- Students are issued a locker for their convenience if they desire.
- On campus assistance is available Monday through Friday throughout the day for laptop technical assistance; use of this service is included with the laptop rental fee.
- Middle School (HC)2 classes meet Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:15 am-2:55 pm.
- Classes include English, Science, Social Studies, Math, Bible, and Writing.
- Students are also invited to take band, orchestra, or choir as well.
Before You Apply
Once you’ve had an opportunity to explore the website, we’d love to meet you! For a personal tour, or if you simply have questions about the (HC)2 Middle School and High School Program, please contact Diane Suigussaar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616.298.0082.
We are delighted that you are choosing enrollment at Holland Christian Homeschool Connection. Please complete the homeschool application available on our Admissions webpage, and mark the specific building that you applying for as “(HC)2.”
Once we receive your completed application, we will follow up with you to schedule a visit to our campus. This meeting is an opportunity for you to meet the Homeschool Coordinator, tour the campus, meet the educators directly involved in your child’s education, and to answer all your questions.
- Annual Tuition: $3400 for 6 classes
- Laptop Fee: $200
- Textbook Fee: $65
- Optional Pay-to-play: $55 per activity
- A la Carte: $650 per class per year
- Laptop Fee: $200
- Textbook Fee: $100
- Optional extra-curricular activity fees (athletics and theater): Pay to play $85 per activity
”I love that here at Holland Christian, we get the opportunity to not only learn about the world around us, but we get to learn about how Jesus sent us her eto live out our lives for HIm. I also feel so blessed to go to a school where I can talk to the teachers about more than just school It is evident that they care about our lives, and they are so encouraging when it comes to our faithAlumnusHCHS '17
”Because all of the teachers have other options that might be more financially rewarding (they are all highly skilled and could easily find other work in their field of expertise), every teacher here made a conscious decision to teach here. They had to genuinely care about the students.Daniel HoekwaterHCHS '17
”I love the environment of the school. Of course there are going to be people that you don't get along with too well, but I feel like at school I'm accepted. I know there are people all around me that are willing to talk to anyone. Also, the teachers are all very kind, approachable, and understanding.Helen LimHCHS '17
”I love going to this school! Holland Christian helps me improve on my grades and helps me grow stronger with my relationship with God. I love all the kind teachers that help me with not just learning, but other things like gym, Spanish, art, and orchestra. I am so glad I am able to learn at this school.Maddie BrinkHCHS '17
Would you like a tour?
Once you’ve had an opportunity to explore the website, we’d love to meet you in person! You can choose to visit us on one of our Welcome Wednesdays, or contact us for a personal tour. To reserve a spot, or to ask us any questions about the (HC)2 program, please contact Krista Seabolt at email@example.com for our elementary program, or Diane Suigussaar at firstname.lastname@example.org for our secondary program. If it’s easier, you can also call our HC Admissions office at 616.820.2805.